Translate

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Exclusive Interview With Gajendra Singh Rana


Exclusive Interview With Gajendra Singh
Rana
Date of Birth: 4th July 1979
Interview By: Vinay Dobhal | Editor:
Namrata Naithani | Posted on 2nd October
2010
Tell us about yourself?
I was born in Delhi but my village is Gend which
comes under Nagri region of Chamba, Tehri
District. I studied till fourth standard in a village
school. That time my father was posted in
Dalmia, Delhi. So they called me there and I did
rest of my schooling from Senior Sec. School,
Malviyanagar and Graduation from Aurobindo
College, Delhi. I stayed in Delhi for 21 years and
now I am settled in Dehradun.
We are five brothers and sisters. Eldest one is
brother who works in Modi. After him there are
three sisters, all well settled with their families. I
am the youngest child of the family. I got
married in the year 2005. My wife Beena is a
housewife and we got blessed with a girl child 4
years back. My daughter's name is Shivangi.
Even though I passed maximum time in Delhi but
still I am so much attached to Uttarakhand.
During vacations I use to visit my village as my
mother was living there. In school I was a regular
participant in school's skits and dramas. My
friends use to enjoy it and they told me that I
must try in music. So in true sense they are the
ones who encouraged me to continue with
singing. My parents and family members too
were always supportive.
When you started singing professionally?
I started singing as a professional singer in the
year 1998. My very first album was Meru Gaun
Ku Baatu after which Teri Dwi Aankhyun Maa,
Yaad Teru Goun Ki and one more music album
came in the market.
Although my first music album didn't do well in
the market but gave hope to the Music
Companies about my credibility and talent. This
way I started getting new assignment and
haven't stopped since.
Tell us about your struggle in life.
My childhood time was not so easy and joyful. I
was in class 4th when I left my mother and came
to Delhi to stay with my father and elder brother.
That time we were living in a rented house. My
father was/is working in Dalmia. In his absence
we both brothers use to take care of the house.
We use to cook for ourselves, used to shop for
vegetables and other household items.
I was not so good in studies and was bit
confused about my future. It's all due to
blessings of God that I got Music line but
struggle was waiting for me there also.
When I started with my music career my first 4
music albums although were liked by people but
unfortunately didn't do well in the market. I got
nothing from those albums except failure. At that
moment of time I was so depressed and
hopeless that I thought of leaving Music Industry.
But God was planning something great for me.
So I gave my last try in VHR, one company
owned by Dangwal ji. Finally that last try came
as a supper hit, Leela Ghasyari!
After Leela Ghasyari my other albums like Raani
Ghursyaani, Sushma and Maalu came which
made my position strong in this field. Few days
later I got proposal directly from T-Series
Company to sing for them and till now I am
singing for that Company only.
Still my mother stays in village and takes care of
our house and fields. I have shifted to
Clementon, Dehradun where I live with my wife
and daughter.
Which are your super hits albums?
My super hits albums are Leela Ghasyari, Raani
Ghursyaani, Sushma, Maalu, Pushpa, Raajmati.
After this came another super hit, Hima
Marchwan of which one song Babli Tero Mobile
was very much liked by young generation.
Another hits were Gabru Dida, Furki Baand,
Baand Bhanumati and Chakna Baand.
Till now you have sung for how many music
albums?
I really don't remember the count.
Till now you have been honoured with which all
awards?
I have been honoured lot many times during
events organised by Private Organisations and
Groups but never been honoured by our State
Government. It is sad that our State Government
never organise such events where folk singers or
regional movies are awarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment